Family of late Nollywood actress, Temitope Osoba has indefinitely postponed her burial, deepening public interest in the circumstances surrounding her death.
The family announced the development in a WhatsApp message on Wednesday, August 13, 2026, barely a day after a candlelight procession and artiste tribute night were held in her honour.
Osoba’s burial had earlier been scheduled for Thursday, August 13, after the family announced the date last Friday.
However, in a statement published on the actress’ official Instagram page, the family said the burial would no longer proceed as planned.
According to the family, the decision followed the tribute programme and was necessary to allow for further arrangements and the resolution of some unresolved matters.
A new burial date and venue, it said, would be announced officially after the outstanding issues have been concluded.
The family also expressed appreciation to friends, colleagues, fans and well-wishers who attended the tribute events and continued to offer prayers and support.
The postponement, however, comes against the backdrop of growing scrutiny over the circumstances surrounding Osoba’s death.
Her death was announced on Wednesday, nearly two years after she underwent breast cancer surgery in November 2024.
Osoba’s battle with cancer had previously generated significant public concern after colleagues rallied support for her treatment.
In November 2024, actress Foluke Daramola revealed that Osoba had undergone surgery but still required further treatment and aftercare.
At the time, Osoba herself appeared in a video thanking Nigerians for their support and declaring that she was “alive” and recovering.
Her health journey later appeared to take a positive turn. In August 2025, Osoba announced her return to acting after recovering from breast cancer, describing the experience as a major turning point in her life.
Her sudden death has therefore left many fans and colleagues seeking answers, particularly with questions now being raised publicly over what happened between her reported recovery and her eventual demise.
Actor Yomi Fabiyi has already called for a full investigation into the circumstances of her death, insisting that the matter should be properly examined before the actress is laid to rest.
Further attention has also focused on Itunu Onadeko, Osoba’s fiancé, who has reportedly been linked to questions surrounding her passing.
The Celestial Church of God (CCC), according to reports surrounding the controversy, has announced plans to investigate Onadeko.
Neither the family’s latest statement nor the reported investigation should be taken as proof of wrongdoing against any individual.
The circumstances surrounding Osoba’s death remain subject to clarification, and any allegation against her fiancé would require proper investigation and evidence.
For now, what was expected to be the final farewell to the actress has been put on hold.
The development has transformed what began as a week of tributes into a period of uncertainty, with the entertainment community and Osoba’s admirers awaiting answers over the unresolved issues cited by her family.
Osoba was known for her work in Yoruba-language Nollywood productions. Her film credits include Ifedolapo, Accident, Gucci Girls, Crab and Love and a Tragedy. She was also credited as a writer and producer on Ifedolapo.
Her death has now left behind not only grief within Nollywood but also questions that the latest burial postponement appears to have brought into sharper focus.

0 Comments